Our neighbors in Canada are holding a conference that many will find beneficial. The Canadian BIM Council (CanBIM) is hosting an event whose goal is to build awareness for standardization and create an atmosphere of understanding and sharing among users, technology and AEC companies, software and developers. It will be held in Toronto on June 10-11 of 2015.
Following is the pertinent information about the event:
Technology Built Innovation: CanBIM Regional Session & Technology Exhibition
The Toronto CanBIM Regional Session (#TOBIM15) will bring together CanBIM members and guests with emerging software and hardware innovators and developers. These emerging technology companies will outline where their rapidly evolving products are going and the powerful impact these tools are having on the building industry.
The foremost networking sessions of their kind in Canada, the CanBIM regional sessions bring together national industry leaders in Building Information Modelling (BIM) practice as means to advocate standardized, industry-wide BIM implementation in Architecture, Engineering and Construction industries and developments.
WHAT: Technology Built Innovation: CanBIM Software and Hardware Regional Session and Technology Exhibition
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, 255 Front Street West, Toronto, ON, Canada
WHEN: June 10-11
HOW: For more information and to register for Toronto Regional event, visit www.canbim.com
Opening Reception: June 10, 6 p.m.
RSVP – firstname.lastname@example.org
This session will provide attendees the opportunity to meet the developers behind the systems they use in three areas of focus:
- Design & Engineering
- Building & Detailing
- Operations & Maintenance
From concept to design, construction to facility operations, emerging software and hardware innovations are revolutionizing the building industry. These new technologies are converging, allowing new ways to communicate, deliver and maintain buildings and infrastructure.
Hear directly from leading software developers and industry experts with respect to the latest technology trends in:
- Mobile technology for construction
- Drones, UAVs, photogrammetry
- Next generation surveying systems & BIM
- Toronto based case studies featuring emerging technologies & BIM
- MEP trade detailing systems and case studies
- BIM integration with project management software
- Cloud based Document Management systems
- BIM & CMMS for facility management
- Cloud computing & processing
- BIM Energy modeling systems & sustainability
- 3D detailing for Electrical & Mechanical systems for trades
- The potential of business intelligence & Big Data for construction
- Innovative Startups and emerging tech for the building industry
- Virtual reality systems and BIM integration
Who should attend?
- Owners & Facility Managers
- Software & Hardware Service Providers
- Software & Hardware Vendors
- BIM Consultants
- General Contractors
- M&E Contractors & Suppliers
- Surveying Professionals