Autodesk issued a hot fix for their Revit Architecture 2011 product to address issues releated to some crashing occuring when using Color Fills. This hot fix has not received much publicity, so I wanted to mention it and encourage users to download and install the fix. It is a pretty quick and straightforward operation.
The hot fix can be downloaded from the following webpage:
Revit Architecture 2011 Colorfills Hotfix
- Make sure that Update Release 2 has been applied prior to adding the hotfix. Verify that the build number of Revit 2011 is 20100903_2115.
- The Utility.dll file will be manually replaced during this process. The download only copies this file to your computer in a zip file.
- Administrator rights are required to copy the Utility.dll to the proper location.
- The readme file explains where to copy the file.
- There are separate downloads for 32-bit and 64-bit systems.