On September 14th, 2010, Autodesk released Service Pack 1 for their Autodesk Navisworks 2011 products. The service pack applies to Navisworks Freedom 2011, Navisworks Manage 2011, and Navisworks Simulate 2011. When running the service pack, any and all of the 3 Navisworks packages installed on the computer will be updated.
This service pack only updates individual installationsof Autodesk Navisworks 2011 products and should not be applied to Navisworks products installed as part of Autodesk Factory Design Suite 2011. If you have Navisworks exporters installed on any packages other than Navisworks, be prepared to uninstall those exporters if you have an error message when installing the service pack.
The 32-bit version is a 208 Mb executable download and the 64-bit version is a 275 Mb executable file, so be prepared for a lengthy download if you do not have a fast internet connection.
Like many updates, installation of the service pack will place new program shortcuts on your desktop.
According to the the Readme file, the service pack fixes the following defects:
- TimeLiner. The TimeLiner / P6 Web Services hot fix, released in May 2010, has been included in the service pack and addresses two problems users may experience when accessing projects in Primavera using the P6 web services interface:
- When importing projects from Primavera the project data in the Tasks and Gantt View tabs is not structured correctly under the top level New Link node.
- When synchronizing or rebuilding projects in TimeLiner user data associated with a project’s tasks does not persist correctly.
- Z+F File Loader. The Z+F hot fix, released in April 2010, has been included in the service pack and upgrades
the Z+F DLL to the latest version of the DLL from Z+F (http://www.zf-laser.com).
- DPI Aware. The user interface of Autodesk Navisworks 2011 handles the setting of Windows custom text size (DPI) setting correctly and addresses the rendering problem of some windows.
Custom text size can be set using Control Panel ➤ Appearance and Personalization ➤ Display settings in Windows Vista and Windows 7. In Windows XP, click Control Panel ➤ Display ➤ Settings, click the Advanced button, and use the DPI Settings drop-down list to set custom text size.
- Communication Center. The RSS feed is fully supported and the issue relating to Communication Center crashing Autodesk Navisworks 2011 when the user logs in using double byte usernames has been fixed.
- Redline. Converting multiple measurements to redlines will not crash Autodesk Navisworks 2011.
- Presenter. The Presenter Rules tab now redraws itself correctly when the window is reduced in size when docked at the bottom the application window.
- Licensing. A number of reported licensing issues have been addressed.
- COM API.
- Calling InwPlugin_Site.GetApplication() returns an object.
- Calling lnwOpAnonView.ClippingPlanes.Clear() no longer stops sectioning from working.