Autodesk has already released downloadable enhancements for the 2011 versions of its various Revit-based software packages. If you are an Autodesk subscription program member, you can log into your subscription site and download the enhancements for your particular product(s). If you do not know how to get into your subscription site, you will need to contact the reseller from which you purchased your Autodesk product.
Some of the product enhancements that are available include:
- Batch Print for Autodesk Revit 2011 – quickly prints many views and/or sheets in Revit
- Globe Link for Autodesk Revit 2011 – link information with Google Earth™
- Autodesk Revit Model Review 2011 – review Revit models for consistency
- Autodesk Revit DB Link 2011 – import and export data between Revit and an external database
- Worksharing Monitor for Autodesk Revit 2011 – aids in worksharing feature of Revit
- Revit Extensions for AutoCAD Revit 2011
The Revit Extensions download includes enhancements to the Wood Wall Framing extension which now has an option of “do not generate” for the top and bottom wall plates. It has also added rotation functionality to the middle mouse button for the module viewer and made it easier to specify the structural layer.
The Revit Extensions download includes a new extension of Shared Parameters Converter. This extension should be able to change family parameters to shared parameters and make them available inside your Revit project file.
Depending on what products that you have on the subscription program, you may have different downloads available to you. If you are a subscription member, you should see if any these are beneficial to you as you paid for them by being on the subscription program.